2016 Presidential Debate Drinking Game
Let’s get this out of the way before we get to the rules: I definitely know more about drinking games than I do about politics. There’s a reason the questions I’ve asked Madds on the QQ Politics Podcast are rudimentary, and it isn’t catering to our young audience. So I enlisted his and Weems’s help to come up with something as engaging and entertaining as our Bachelor, Bachelor in Paradise, or Game of Thrones Drinking Games. As always, drink at your own pace and remain calm, no matter how much the people on television make you want to throw something at it. I hope you have a swimming pool full of liquor, because we're diving in.
The Questionably Qualified Presidential Debate Drinking Game
- We can’t move backward
- Obama is/was a great leader
- We cannot do something (“Folks, we can’t continue to…)
- The same thing twice in a row (“We can’t keep losing, we can’t keep losing, okay?”
- A clearly rehearsed “zinger”
- Suggests or alludes to Trump’s presidency leading to nuclear war
- Trump is racist, xenophobic, or bigoted
- Crooked Hillary
- A sentence ending in “okay?”
- Clinton wants to take away your guns
- Something about Hillary’s health
- Uses profanity
- Threatens physical harm
- Issues an apology
- Delivers a compliment
- Calls the other "deplorable"
There we have it, a drinking game only slightly less absurd than the decision we find ourselves facing. Join us, America; together we can ease the pain of this election cycle and recapture a feeling of hope for the future (2020 is right around the corner!). Bottoms up!