NFL Thursday Night Football Drinking Game
We're not sure who asked for Thursday night football, but in the NFL's never-ending conquest for ratings dominance it happened anyways. However, if you are not one of the players or viewers bemoaning the existence of this weekly ritual then we have something that might be of interest to you.
After studying the playbooks, and more importantly the announcers tendencies we have compiled a strange but regularly occurring list of incidents that will help facilitate an activity that most of us enjoy... drinking alcohol.
Don't let the fact that you still have one day left in your work week put you in a position where you have to listen to Cris Collinsworth or Tony Romo sober. Kick back in your comfy chair, grab a cold one, and embrace continuous dilution of the sport you know and love.
As always, enjoy responsibly and make sure you have a safe ride home.
Questionably Qualified's NFL Sunday Night Football Drinking Game
1 Drink Every Time:
- A player is compared to another player not involved in the game
- A minute of replay review passes
- A field goal is made
- A quarterback is sacked
- Cris Collinsworth says "this guy" or "this is a guy"
- Tony Romo correctly predicts the play that is called
- Tony Romo incorrectly predicts the play that is called
2 Drinks Every Time:
- A challenge flag is thrown
- There is a turnover
- A touchdown is scored
- An announcer mentions the "short week"
- An announcer mentions the "long layoff" until a team's next game
- Collinsworth or Romo references their playing days or people they played against
3 Drinks Every Time:
- A coach uses a timeout to "ice" the kicker
- A field goal is missed
- Tony Romo seems disproportionately excited about something
5 Drinks Every Time:
- An extra point is missed
- Tony Romo tries to roast a player