Super Bowl Drinking Game - 2016
NOTICE: Please follow this link for the Drinking Game Rules for the 2017-2018 Superbowl.
The New England Patriots will be playing the Atlanta Falcons in Houston this Sunday for the right to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. Will Tom Brady and Bill Belichick secure their unprecedented fifth championship? If so, will a hooded Patriots' equipment manager hit Roger Goodell from behind with a steel chair as he's presenting the Lombardi Trophy? Can Matt Ryan cap off an MVP season by bringing Atlanta it's first NFL Championship? Are we positive Julio Jones isn't a T-1000? Will there be any academy awards hopefuls faking penalties during critical drives?
Of course, many of our friends don't care about these questions or my pick. They're watching on Sunday to socialize and get riggity-riggity-wrecked! We at QQ are here to help, with some big-game adjustments to enhance our Sunday Night Football Drinking Game.
Questionably Qualified's Super Bowl Drinking Game
The Pregame Rules
1 Drink Every Time:
- Someone requests the Puppy Bowl
- Someone asks where the bathroom is
- Someone asks what teams are playing
- National Anthem Over/Under: Luke Bryan's rendition is pegged at 2 minutes, 9 seconds; each guest picks over or under, and anyone who guesses wrong drinks!
During the Game
1 Drink Every Time:
- A Budweiser commercial airs
- A minute of replay review passes
- A field goal is made
- An announcer says "Lombardi"
- A quarterback is sacked
2 Drinks Every Time:
- A challenge flag is thrown
- There is a turnover
- A touchdown is scored
- The announcers reference Troy Aikman's career
- The announcers recall either team's past Super Bowl appearances
- Someone mentions the gambling lines on air
3 Drinks Every Time:
- A coach uses a timeout to "ice" the kicker
- A team successfully converts on 4th down
- A field goal is missed
- An announcer mentions Deflategate
- An overtly sexual commercial airs (think GoDaddy, Carl's Jr.)
- A team goes three-and-out (punting without gaining any first downs)
5 Drinks Every Time:
- An extra point is missed
- A commercial makes someone in the room cry
Happy Super Bowl Sunday, everyone! Eat, drink, make ludicrous wagers with your friends, and enjoy the show. We'll see you with more NFL picks next year.